The Travel & Expense Management team hosts a quarterly Lunch & Learn series to review information related to the travel and expense management programs. The PantherExpress Travel & Expense Management team is committed to ensuring that the community feels comfortable and confident with the travel and expense management tools, the Travel Card, and Concur system. The winter brown bag sessions will be:
- Monday, February 10, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the William Pitt Union, Ballroom
- Wednesday, February 12, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the William Pitt Union, Ballroom
Both sessions will cover the same topics and provide time for questions and answers. The dates linked above direct to the University Calendar where you can download files to add to your personal calendar. Attendees are encouraged to bring their lunch; food will not be provided.
Have a topic you’d like to see covered? Submit your request to Emily Duchene, Travel Program Manager.
Second Annual PantherExpress Travel Vendor Fair
Join the PantherExpress Travel and Expense Management team for the second annual PantherExpress Travel Vendor Fair on Monday, March 30th, 2020. The event, which will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the William Pitt Union's Ballroom, will feature University preferred travel vendors such as airlines, car rental services, hotels, travel visa services, and University Signature Venues used for conferences and events. Anthony Travel will also be in attendance. Light refreshments will be provided, and some vendors will be raffling prizes. All University faculty and staff who travel or arrange travel and events are encouraged to attend.
More details and information here.
Benefits of Using Anthony Travel Agents to Book Travel
Anthony Travel is our preferred Travel Management Company and works in conjunction with Concur to provide University of Pittsburgh travelers full support for hassle-free business travel. Some of the benefits of using an Anthony Travel agent to book travel:
- Provides dedicated best-in-class travel assistance
- Provides on-site agents
- Provides 24-hour assistance including after hours, holiday, and emergency travel support
- Is focused solely on higher education travel (general travel, group travel, athletics, etc.)
- Demonstrates strong understanding of University requirements
- Provides experienced integrated travel management through Concur
- Provides access to University negotiated travel discounts
- Provides access to Anthony Travel negotiated travel discounts
- Provides a single source for all travel needs
Real ID Updates
For those who have still do not have a passport or a REAL ID-compliant license the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will require all travelers to begin using these documents effective October 1, 2020. Penn DOT is now issuing REAL ID compliant licenses and identification cards.
The REAL ID-compliant licenses will be an optional upgrade to your license you must request it, it is not automatically issued. It will require a one-time fee of $30, in addition to the regular renewal fees. Many residents will need additional documentation that may take time to acquire you if do not already have it when applying for a REAL ID-compliant license. Please use this PennDOT website to review what documents are required. You will be turned away if you don’t have all required documents.
Travelers that do not have a REAL ID compliant license after 10/1/2020 may use a passport or other acceptable form of identification for verification at airports and federal buildings.
If you are not a resident of Pennsylvania and do not know if your identification is REAL ID compliant, this DHS website provides information by state.
Unused Airline Tickets
Under the University’s agreements with the airlines Anthony Travel has the ability to work with the airlines to have these name changes take place often at no additional charge. For more information reach out to Anthony Travel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expense Processing Reminders
Please keep the following in mind when submitting expense reports to avoid them being returned:
- When booking Enterprise Rent-A-Car through the Concur tool or directly with Anthony Travel insurance coverage is included. There is also additional car rental insurance included when paying for the rental with the University Travel Card.
- When submitting mileage for your personal car, your daily commute mileage must be deducted if it is during your normal business day, as required by the IRS.
- When submitting travel using a personal car, you cannot claim both mileage and fuel. You should claim mileage, which covers gas costs and normal wear and tear.
- Charges made with your University Travel Card will "post" under your available expenses in Concur, this may take up to 10 days.
- To reconcile a credit, you will use the same expense type as the initial charge, do not use Refund as your expense type
- Lodging vs. Hotel/Venue Facility Fees:
- Lodging - payment for an overnight stay at a hotel.
- Hotel/Venue Facility Fees - rental of space at a hotel or venue for the purposes of hosting an event (e.g. renting a conference room for a meeting, renting a banquet hall for a gala, etc.)
Group Business Meals
A Group Business meal is a meal with two or more people. For Group Business Meals to be reimbursable without an exception there should be a non-University person in attendance. If a Group Business Meal has all University persons in attendance, exception approval is required. While in travel status, all University persons should pay for their meals individually and submit accordingly. Meals for more than one person should not be submitted on an expense report as an Actual Meal in Lieu of Per Diem or as an Actual Meal applied to Per Diem.
Donations and Sponsorships
Donations and sponsorships are prohibited on the University Travel Card. Any donation or sponsorship being made should be done through PantherExpress with the required documentation. For more information, please contact PantherExpress Customer Service.
Payments for Services
Payments for services provided are required to be made through PantherExpress along with a W-9. It is prohibited to pay for services on the University Travel Card and reimbursement may be rejected during processing. For more information, please contact PantherExpress Customer Service.
Sign Up to Receive More Notifications
Want to receive an email each time we publish the newsletter? Sign up here.
Want to stop receiving newsletter emails? Just reply to the message you received with "unsubscribe" or contact Jennifer McGee at email@example.com.
Want even more updates? We have a feed to send text and/or email updates about changes to the website, including all news posts. You can sign up by following these instructions.