University Travel Card
Do you have a University Travel Card? If not, contact your Responsibility Center Business Manager. The University Travel Card comes with many benefits and conveniences. The Travel Card
- is paid by the University, which reduces your financial burden – less hassle for you;
- minimizes the need for costly individual travel advances;
- reduces data entry;
- does not affect your credit report;
- provides fraud protection;
- provides travel accident and baggage delay insurance; and
- provides car rental insurance.
Note: It is best practice to travel with backup forms of payment. If your Travel Card gets lost, stolen, or compromised, you should have another form of payment to use for purchases. Keep your backup cards secure in the hotel safe so they will be there if you should need them.
Booking a Car
Book through one of our approved rental agencies in Concur or through Anthony Travel. Our contract rates include discounts and insurance for domestic car rental purchases. Insurance should only be purchased if you are renting a vehicle abroad. Domestic purchases of additional insurance are not valid business purchases and are not reimbursable.
Preparing your Mobile Device
You will need to set a Mobile PIN by logging into the Concur Application. Mobile Registration can be found under Profile > Profile Settings. Additional instruction can be found in the User Guide.
Concur® for Mobile makes it simple to start your expense report before you end your trip. This app complements our web based solution by allowing you to manage anything expense-related wherever you are. It also allows you to immediately approve or reject expense reports via manager access and capture receipt images.
ExpenseIt is an enhancement to the features in Concur® for Mobile, and takes it one step further with optical character recognition (OCR) for receipt imaging. Receipt images taken with this application will be categorized, populated with the receipt information and lessen the data entry for expense reconciliation. Note - keep paper receipts until the expense submission hits your level reports.
TripIt Pro saves you time by creating a master itinerary for your trip that you can access anytime. TripIt will keep your itinerary, reservations, meetings, and other trip information all in one place, and it makes sharing with others easy. TripIt will also send you travel alerts (e.g. boarding gate information and flight delays or cancellations).
The following resources are available to assist you with international travel:
- PittGlobal-Global Operations Support provides a traveling abroad checklists, tips on making sure that your international travel documents are in order, and much more.
- Technology Guidelines for International Travel provides information on how to secure your technology resources like laptops, smartphones, and mobile devices while traveling internationally.
- GSA’s Fly America Act is a resource for those traveling on a grant who must comply with federal regulations for international travel.
Changing your Itinerary
To change your itinerary, contact Anthony Travel by phone or email: