The University Travel Card works in conjunction with Concur and Anthony Travel to provide you with convenient hassle-free Travel and Expense Management.

The Travel Card:

  • Reduces the traveler’s financial burden – no upfront expenses, the Travel Card is University paid
  • Minimizes the need for individual travel advances
  • Integrates with Concur's expense system, which reduces data entry
  • Does not affect the cardholder's personal credit report
  • Sets adjustable limits - overall or for a specific time frame
  • Provides fraud protection
  • Provides travel accident and baggage delay insurance
  • Provides car rental insurance

Obtaining a Travel Card

The Travel Card application is an electronic DocuSign form. The new University-paid Travel Card is available to all faculty and staff who travel or who book travel on behalf of others. If you have a Travel Card, there is no need to prepay for travel expenses with your own funds. If you have departmental approval to obtain a Travel Card but have not yet submitted a Travel Card application, please fill out the DocuSign form. This electronic form does all the work of routing signatures for you so there is no need to print out the form. You will need your responsibility center number to complete the form.

After your Travel Card application has been received and approved by the Travel Card administrator, you will receive and email with instructions on how to complete the required Travel Card training module.

Upon successful completion of the training module, you will receive a link to the DocuSign Acceptance Form. The Acceptance Form requires two signatures – the cardholder’s signature, and the cardholder’s supervisor’s signature. For faculty, the second signer would be a business manager. 

After you have successfully completed training, the Travel Card administrator will contact you to pick up your card. You must show your Pitt ID and turn in a completed Travel Card Acceptance Form order to pick up your Travel Card.

Your Charge Card (“Commercial  Card”) is issued by Citizens Bank, National Association. Read this Agreement thoroughly. This Agreement, as modified from time to time, governs your use of the Commercial Card and the Account ("Cardholder Account") issued in connection with the Commercial Card.

Types of Expenses on the Travel Card

The University-paid Travel Card should be used for expenses related to travel* as follows

  • Airfare, baggage fees
  • Lodging
  • In-travel postage and other transmittals such as facsimiles and telegrams
  • Dues, professional memberships, registrations, and subscriptions
  • Group travel arrangements
  • Emergency goods and services while in travel

  • Actual meal costs
  • Car rental and ground transportation
  • Telephone charges
  • Share services such as Uber, Lyft, and Airbnb
  • Business Meals
  • Wi-Fi costs while inflight or during lodging

*The Travel Card will replace the P-card as the preferred method of payment for all travel related purchases and for dues, professional memberships, registrations, and subscriptions.  As a result, beginning April 3, 2017, you will not be able to use the P-card for the aforementioned purchase types that the Travel Card permits.

Travel Card Information

Pin Number 

You will receive the four-digit pin number in the mail. It is very important that your remember this number. If you forget or need to change your pin number, call Citizens Bank customer service.

Chip and Pin

This is a chip and pin card and the pin may be required to complete the transaction at the point of sale.

Calling Citizens Bank customer service

You will be asked to identify yourself through a verification process.  The information you may be asked for includes, but is not limited to the following:

  • Security code (in lieu of Mother’s Maiden Name): PITT + the last 4 digits of your SSN
  • Address that appears on your Citizens profile including correct zip code (hint: this address appears on your new card documentation.  It may differ from what you put on your application)
  • Credit limit